SFA: Young Adult
Suicide First Aid® Young Adult is a full day education programme that teaches the theory and practise of suicide intervention skills that can be applied in any setting when working with young people aged 16-24. This programme can be delivered in person or online and has an upper limit of 16 learners.
This programme can also be delivered as SFA Lite®.
- Introduction & programme outline
- Working with attitudes & values
- Stigma, survivors of bereavement by suicide and the Hidden Toll®
- Suicide – The Ripple Effect® – Sector specific statistics.
- Suicide thoughts and suicide behaviour
- Intention of behaviour Versus Outcome of behaviour®
- Possible Causes of thoughts of suicide
- Population-based approach to suicide prevention
- Suicide Prevention-Intervention Postvention
- Partnership working – First Aid Approach
- “I’m really glad you told me”® – higher education audio visual
- Meeting the needs of a person who is thinking about suicide
- Suicide-Safety Guide – 3 Step Model
- Step 1 – Recognise and asking about suicide
- Step 2 – Understanding and exploring options
- Step 3 – Helping you cope
- Suicide-safety and self-care
- Future learning
A very well informed training session that I have already recommended to my trainee teachers and my colleagues here in the office who all work with FE and HE students